DBS and İYS for Pending Students and Students Placed in 2019 and Failed Optional Prep Class-Updated!
Of students who have enrolled in our university based on the ÖSYM results of 2018 or 2019, those who are enrolled in English-medium departments (including English Language Teaching Department) and failed compulsory prep class (pending students), and students who failed optional prep class in 2019-2020 academic year will take DBS (Placement Exam) and İYS (English Proficiency Exam) between 21-25 September 2020.
Students who will take the exam are required to fill in the relevant petition below and send an e-mail to email@example.com (within the scope of measures to reduce social contact in the current conditions caused by the pandemic) until 23.59 on Friday, September 4, 2020.
NOTE: Those who have already submitted their petitions to take the exam do not need to resubmit. The deadline "until Friday, September 4, 2020" is valid for those who wanted to take the exam but could not apply or missed the application in the previous announcement.
CLICK for the petition sample.
- Fill in the information requested in the sample petition completely and sign it by printing. (You can write and sign your entire petition in handwriting in accordance with the format in the example.)
- Take a photo of your wet signed petition or scan your petition using CamScanner, etc.
- Send the photo file or scanned file to the School of Foreign Languages e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your petition reaches us, the reply “Your petition has been accepted.” will be sent to the e-mail address where you sent your mail within a few days. If you do not receive a reply within three (3) business days, resend your e-mail with your petition.
- It is the student's responsibility to follow the e-mail sent. The School of Foreign Languages does not take responsibility for e-mails that do not arrive or arrive late.
- Your petition must be legible and understandable and has to contain all the information requested in the sample (e-mail address, contact number, etc.).
- Pending students admitted to our university based on 2018 ÖSYM results will not take the Placement Exam (DBS) before the Proficiency Exam (İYS). They will only take İYS.
- Students who were admitted to our university based on 2019 ÖSYM results and failedoptional prep class in 2019-2020 academic year will not take the Placement Exam (DBS) before the Proficiency Exam (İYS). They will only take İYS.
- Of the pending students admitted to our university based on 2019 ÖSYM results, those who plan to re-enroll in prep class in 2020-2021 academic year are required to take the Placement Exam (DBS) before the Proficiency Exam (İYS) so that they can be placed in a suitable class for the upcoming year. Those students do not have to obtain a minimum score of 80 to take the Proficiency Exam. ‘Pending’ students who submit the required petition will be able to take the Proficiency Exam (İYS) even if they cannot obtain the minimum score in the Placement Exam (DBS). Of those students, the ones who obtain a minimum score of 70 in the Proficiency exam (excluding English Language Teaching Department) will directly start their studies in their respective departments. The passing grade for students whose undergraduate field of study is English is 80.
- Of the students admitted to our university based on 2018 or 2019 ÖSYM results, those who took leave of absence and will start prep class for the first time in 2020-2021 are required to take the Placement Exam (DBS) before the Proficiency Exam (İYS). Of those students, only the ones who achieve a score of 80 or above in the Placement Exam (DBS) may take the Proficiency Exam (İYS) which will be administered in the same week. Students who fail to obtain the minimum scores will be placed in Prep Classes according to their Placement Exam scores. Those students do not need to submit a petition to apply for the exams.
You can examine the table for this information:
* All students in the table are obliged to submit a petition on the specified dates in order to take the exam (s) except the students in the 4th group.
- All detailed information regarding the exam implementation method and implementation principles and exam date, session and time information will be announced on the web page of the School of Foreign Languages in the coming days. Our students are required to follow our website for all current announcements.
- In line with the unexpected developments due to the outbreak, the right to update the announcements for changes in the academic calendar and exam implementations is reserved. For this reason, our institution is not responsible for our students’ plans for the exam week.